Tuesday 18 October 2011

Affordances cont.

Here is a poem that is demonstrating connections between areas of my cooking:
This is the house called home,
This is the kitchen in the house called home,
This is the draw that holds the cutlery in the kitchen, that is in the house called home,
This is the dirty knife in the draw, that holds the cutlery in the kitchen, that is in the house called home,
This is the chicken that was cut with the knife, that is in the draw, that holds the cutlery in the kitchen, in the house called home,
This is the meal that was made with the chicken, that was cut with the knife, that is in the draw that holds the cutlery in the kitchen, in the house called home.

Ethically, there are always good and bad parts of cooking dinner such as eating (good) and cleaning up (bad) which i am sure everyone agrees with me on! Sometimes it can feel like a job and sometimes it can feel relaxing and invigorating. Cleaning, paying for the ingredients, finding out you have got the wrong ingredients, and cutting some foods for example, onions can feel like a burden however the joys of eating and preparing something everybody enjoys over rides this making most cooking experiences enjoyable for me!

Memories are one component of my cooking that are really evident. One memory that really stands out for me in relation to cooking is a certain spoon in our cutlery draw. When we had our pet cat we had a special spoon for her cat food which we would never eat from just in case! Whenever I come across this spoon or someone picks it out accidently it reminds me of our cat which brings back good memories! Another memory is smells in the kitchen. There is a lamb and vegetable salad I make every now and then which has rosemary and other spices on it, whenever I smell these it reminds me of this meal and where I first made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment